crossroads

candymostdandy@

May 12, 2006
west sussex
Before posting this I have tried to see if there is already a post on this, but have not found one, so apolgies if there is.

We have used crossroads for many years first because dad had parkinson, and now to support me with mum.

Update:- Mum lives with me, bedriddeen, and requires 2 x carers three times a day, etc....

Unfortunately new rules, we will no longer be using Crossroads as from the end of June as our fees will increase from £4.10 per hour to £13.95 per hour.

I can understand even doubling the fees, but more than 3 times the original, I just feel sad..

I don't want to say anything against Crossroads because they have been great support up until now, but apparently they have been forced down this route by local council...

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Candymostdandy

:eek::eek::eek: I am so sorry that you are having to go through such a massive change because your mum must be very settled with the way things are :eek:

I don't know the full details but I believe our local Crossroads have always charged nearer the latter figure (probably more).
I only hope that you find an equally good agency and that your mum gets the very best of care.

Love

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan Smith