CrISP course

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Yesterday I went on the first day of a 2 day CrISP course. It is run by Alzheimer's society but I believe it is open to carers of people with dementia of all kinds. It consists of 4 sessions: Understanding dementia, Providing support and care; Legal issues and money matters; Coping day to day. It seems many people don't attend until they become desperate or hit a crisis. We are at a fairly early stage of my husband's Alzheimer's. I would say to folk in the same situation that I found it really helpful to go at this stage. Every carer I have met who has done the course has said they wished they had done it sooner rather than waiting. It answers many of the questions that you see and hear.

JayGun

Jun 24, 2013
Yesterday I went on the first day of a 2 day CrISP course. It is run by Alzheimer's society but I believe it is open to carers of people with dementia of all kinds. It consists of 4 sessions: Understanding dementia, Providing support and care; Legal issues and money matters; Coping day to day. It seems many people don't attend until they become desperate or hit a crisis. We are at a fairly early stage of my husband's Alzheimer's. I would say to folk in the same situation that I found it really helpful to go at this stage. Every carer I have met who has done the course has said they wished they had done it sooner rather than waiting. It answers many of the questions that you see and hear.
Thanks for this Trisha. I'm looking up to see if there's one near me as we speak. xx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @shazzatig
a warm welcome to DTP

this thread is from 2014 .... the courses are mentioned here, though I don't know whether any are run through Zoom

you may find something useful by using the Services Directory on this page