Cried

katdan

Jan 15, 2008
Manchester
I wrote earlier that I could not cry for my lovely Dad, well the tears came, we went to see him in the Chapel of Rest and I cried. He looked so peaceful with no pain on his face, he was at rest.
We held his funeral on Friday, what a send off he was given. We thought that there would be a few people there as he was 90 and all of his friends had passed away. Well the chapel was full, there were family,friends,neighbours and his friends from his local pub. They had looked after Dad and done things for him that we did not know anything about. And how he was loved by everyone who was there.It gave us great comfort to know he was so loved and respected. You do not realise what people think about you while you are here but I just hope that Dad looked down to see all those people there to pay tribute to a kind, lovely, gentle man. He is now with Mum and although I will always love and miss him I now know that he is where he has wanted to be with his wife Peg.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Katdan, thanks so much for sharing your dad's funeral with us. That's the thought we have to hold on to: that our loved one is finally at peace. It's hard, but seeing how much your dad was loved must have been a wonderful tribute to him.

Keep strong

Vonny xx

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan