Creative caring - how Art Therapy can help

BMitchell

Sep 28, 2017
It's great to hear that art had a positive impact, it was actually something that I was thinking of taking advantage of. I will make sure to read the post you linked to.

Karitomua

Feb 20, 2018
Thank you very much for the information, I have a family member with this disease I am going to put into practice.

Regards

Saltydog

Nov 1, 2017
South West
Thank you so much for sharing. I have started to do some art with my mum and have been looking for projects. The flowers are beautiful and it’s really brought mum’s Skills out and must give her a real sense of wellbeing.

Really positive and very inspirational- I am keen to try these with my mum now. It will be lovely to share with her and make some positive memories.

Thank you so much creative - carer - this will really help us both

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I've got a painting on my livingroom wall that my husband did in an art therapy class. He went once a week for four weeks. He enjoyed it at the time, but then refused to go again.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I have two of my husband's paintings framed and on my walls and I have given others to friends. He had no interest in art before he had advanced dementia. He attended a club called Heart for Art once fortnight. He loved it. He needed either a carer or me with him to make sure he didn't drink the painting water or eat the paints but he also had the support of wonderful art volunteers. Some were degree students from the local art college. The charity which runs the classes is called Heart for Art. I visited them 2 weeks ago and although a number of the artists, like my husband, have now passed away it was good to see it still going strong.

Here he is hard at work.

IMG_0001.jpg