Covid stress

Kay111

Sep 19, 2019
Just a vent post, as I'm really worrying about catching covid at the moment. I help with dad's care (he needs 2 people to hoist/safely roll etc). We paused the carers for 5 days over Christmas as I'd be staying at mum and dad's place anyway and me and mum can just sort thinga. Also, the care agency are so horribly short staffed they were struggling to find people to work over Christmas.

I live in what's turning out to be one of the top 4 boroughs for omicron and it feels like everyone I know is catching it. I'm isolating as much as I can at the moment but need to go 3 days a week to mum and dads to help out. That's 45 mins each way on public transport.

If I catch it now there'll be no one to help my mum over those 5 days ? the only family we have near enough are very elderly themselves.

I have no idea what we'll do and it's stressing me out so much. A stupid, obvious thing to say but oh I hate covid so much!!

Violet Jane

Aug 23, 2021
It's quite understandable that you're worried. Could you move in with your parents for a while so that you don't have to use public transport.

Kay111

Sep 19, 2019
Unfortunately I have other caring responsibilities the other days and it would mean even more travel the other way ?

Kay111

Sep 19, 2019
Have been thinking about that. The last time I took a taxi the driver wore his mask but didn't cover his nose and it really put me off.

It's just exhausting isn't it, constantly trying to weigh things up and do the right thing ?

Thank you, I do appreciate everyone listening. I know it's just a silly vent. Caring is hard enough as it is without covid.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
it's not a silly vent at all @Kay111 ... it's something so many carers must be concerned about
I get what you mean about the taxi driver ... but that's one person rather than a bus load, possibly on a quicker journey ... and you can sit with your face close to the open window, use handgel, and take off your outer clothing as soon as you arrive, hanging it up somewhere ventilated, so probably low risk

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan