Covid 19 and our loved ones

Babymare01

Apr 22, 2015
Mums home has been in voluntary lockdown for a week which I have adhered to for the safety of all in the home. Now they are rightly in total lockdown. Im so frightened that if mum takes a turn for the worse either through Covid or the pure nature of dementia I will not be able to go to her. To sit and hold her hand and tell her I love her that 1 last time. I feel so helpless x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Of course you feel helpless @Babymare01. Anyone would and sadly there are so many others in your shoes.

There is nothing that can be said to make it easier for you. I just hope your mum is content and well cared for and unaware of your distress.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I dont know how draconian the lockdown is. When mums CH was in lockdown over D&V there were exceptions for End of Life. I dont know if this would apply in present circumstances, though. If your mum reaches that stage (and I sincerely hope she does not) then ask the CH if they will make an exception.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Babymare01
might you email the care home manager and write pretty much what you have in your post ... they may be able to reassure you so your mind is more settled

the Gov restrictions do allow visits to care for those at home, so the care home may well be considerate of compassionate visiting