Covid 19 and mum in law

WifeyLT

May 16, 2017
@hrh my thoughts and wishes are with you - I'm facing into the same as you- even hearing your mum's sleepiness confirms for me where we are and - while Dad's in the hospital - I've advised them the same ... no progression to the next level of intubation ... focus on his comfort and peace ... i struggle to say end of life.

Much love to you x

hrh

Sep 16, 2017
Dear all update on mum,
How can you feel and have so many emotions come all at once, we finally get the doctor to forward a plan for mum, then out of the blue mum wakes up has a cup of tea and bowl of ready break, the CH phoned to say how excited and delighted they are at this, and we as a family now feeling terrible at speaking about her end of life package. How can you possibly feel, cross at the CH for giving her ready break knowing mum couldn't have asked for it, but also feel good at mums will and tenacity, then today read on the CH app she has refused breakfast as she not able to swallow. My nerves are so jaggery with it all.
We did laugh yesterday and said mum same as lazareth and keeps rising, but also so tearful and guilty because we thought this would be ending soon, is it normal to have feelings like this, is this a pattern before the road to finality?
Helen x?❤️

hrh

Sep 16, 2017
@hrh my thoughts and wishes are with you - I'm facing into the same as you- even hearing your mum's sleepiness confirms for me where we are and - while Dad's in the hospital - I've advised them the same ... no progression to the next level of intubation ... focus on his comfort and peace ... i struggle to say end of life.

Much love to you x

My thoughts and prayers are with you too. It is such a challenge to all our emotions.

Helen x

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
is this a pattern before the road to finality?
In my experience End of Life can be long drawn out, with many ups and downs along the way. Mum went for 17 days without food or fluid. You would not think that anyone could go on that long, but people with dementia seem to hold on to life, even when they are so frail. This time is a horrible roller coaster and a feeling of living in limbo, waiting, waiting, for something to happen.

Stay strong and dont forget to eat and sleep
xxx

hrh

Sep 16, 2017
In my experience End of Life can be long drawn out, with many ups and downs along the way. Mum went for 17 days without food or fluid. You would not think that anyone could go on that long, but people with dementia seem to hold on to life, even when they are so frail. This time is a horrible roller coaster and a feeling of living in limbo, waiting, waiting, for something to happen.

Stay strong and dont forget to eat and sleep
xxx

Thank you so much for this support, it means so much to be able to release these mixed emotions, to know others have been and are going through the same.
Today the CH have said mums temperature has dropped and she is sleepy again.

Helen x

hrh

Sep 16, 2017
Hello everyone,
Just want to let you know that mum in law passed away peaceful and serene listening to Vera Lynn this afternoon.
We all four of us were allowed to be with her on Thursday teatime where mum actually woke up and started talking to us, and trying to sing along to the songs we were playing for her, she seemed clear in her mind, asked if dad was okay, (passed away 8 months ago), spent about half hour awake then back into a deep sleep.
Yesterday just one of us went up stayed all night, then came home, the care home staff were wonderful and did rotation of being with mum until she passed this afternoon. The carers were her two favourite ladies, such beautiful souls.
It still feels unreal, after days of expecting mum to pass away and now here it is, but feel ultra privileged to have had the time of happiness and clarity on Thursday.

Thank you all on here for the tremendous support you have given me, a safe space.

Love to you all,

Hrh
Helen x❤️

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry for your loss, even though it was expected.
That sounds like a precious memory that you have of her and Im glad the care home staff have been so good
xxx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
sad news @hrh
though your post reads calm and quiet, peaceful as your mum now is
such a gift for all of you on Thursday, a moment to treasure

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m sorry to read of your loss. It’s good that your mum’s passing was peaceful and I hope that gives you some comfort. Wishing you strength.

hrh

Sep 16, 2017
Im so sorry for your loss, even though it was expected.
That sounds like a precious memory that you have of her and Im glad the care home staff have been so good
xxx

Throughout the days nights and past 5 weeks of distress fear and panic, all became peaceful and an enduring memory of mums passing will stay with us, taking off the latex gloves and touching the flesh on flesh is a powerful sensory in the last hours of passing. No regrets. ❤️

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
So sorry for your loss, but you have a precious memory of her that I hope will help you in the times ahead. Take care x