Court of protection

Emily M

Jan 20, 2015
Could anyone please tell me if the Court of Protection send acknowledgements of receipt when they receive the documents for application to become deputies or do they disappear in to some black hole for several months.

I do not fancy phoning and waiting for a very long time for someone to answer.

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
I am unsure in the case of the application being posted but if sent by email then yes you do get an acknowledgement. If you do send by email do remember to print any page out that requires a signature to then sign it and scan it back in, in order to email your signature or they wont accept it. Good luck. Xx

Emily M

Jan 20, 2015
I am unsure in the case of the application being posted but if sent by email then yes you do get an acknowledgement. If you do send by email do remember to print any page out that requires a signature to then sign it and scan it back in, in order to email your signature or they wont accept it. Good luck. Xx

Thanks for your reply. I have saved copies of all the documents, except the signatures because I am not the only one signing and the other person lives a fair distance away. At worst, if it has gone missing I could sent him the relevant sheets and get him to sign and send them back to me, then scan and e-mail them to the COP. Unfortunately I couldn't scan them at the time as there was no scanner or internet access when I visited him.

It shouldn't have got lost as I sent it by special delivery post but at the moment I can't find the receipt with tracking information, so hope it didn't fall out of my handbag! I have sent an e-mail to the COP asking if they have received the documents. Like many of these government departments they are a law unto themselves so I wonder if and when I will get a reply.

Emily M

Jan 20, 2015
The CoP aren't great at communication and no, I didn't have an acknowledgement by post.

Thanks for replying Saffie.

I am pleased to say that I have just received an e-mail back from the COP half an hour after I sent my e-mail to them which was very helpful. Apparently, at present it takes two-and-a-half to three weeks for the documents to get put on their system so I need to wait a while. If for any reason they have gone missing I will definitely e-mail them to COP next time as it seems more efficient than posting.

Chrismitch

Jun 23, 2011
I've sent off three this year, by post, and they were all returned within a few weeks, not months. Very efficient I thought, but not very complicated documents. Fingers crossed for the next one I'm about to send.

Emily M

Jan 20, 2015
Thanks for all your posts. I have just had the documents returned because they will not accept the application for exemption of fees. I will start another thread on this today.