Court of Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanG

Apr 11, 2021
Hello,

I am looking for a little bit of advice. I have stepped in to deal with a very delicate issue for my aunt.

My aunt have 3 children and unfortunately there are some underhanded things going on. She has dementia and can easily be led into making decisions. Such as making a will in favour of 1 of her children

she clearly don’t have the capacity to
Make any decisions.

part of completing the court protection it requires a medical expert to sign to say she doesn’t have the capacity which isn’t a problem but the issue I have is arranging this. My aunt has been led in the wrong direction currently ,

if the court obtain medical records then it is there to see.

how can I get around this issue.

no doubt the application will be opposed but I feel this is something I can overcome
With all the evidence I have in my case favour.

thanks in advance

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Are you sure that nobody is an attorney or deputy?

Another approach if you have proof that she is being financially abused is to inform adult safeguarding at the Local Authority.

If the will was made at a solicitors (s)he will have been satisfied that your aunt had testamentary capacity at the time of signing, contesting the will would be difficult.

JuanG

Apr 11, 2021
Hi, no I am 100% certain there is no one.
We have rung the local authority and unfortunately they weren’t interested because they said it’s a private family matter.

I have no financial interest with what I am
Doing I feel it’s the correct decision to safe guard my aunt. I just know she is doing everything in her power to talk my aunt into doing this and with vascular dementia any response to others is just nasty but then forgotten the next day.

In an ideal world all I want is to setup deputyship and then any decision like this can go via the court protection.

Last edited:

Rain to stop

Mar 11, 2022
My experience of the Local Authority is that they simply leaked the fact that I was asking them for information that I need to make an Application to the Court of Protection and asking for their support. They simply relayed everything that I said to my coercive brother, exposing my mother to further risk and not showing me a duty of care.
They have failed to respond at all to my letters, not even the head of Social Care or my Subject Access Request.
Hopeless and negligent!

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hello @Rain to stop
Welcome to DTP
you sound to be having a difficult time

This thread is nearly a year old ... you can check the date of a post as its top left of the text box

Status
Not open for further replies.