Court of protection hearing

Serendipity1934

Apr 19, 2015
Hi .. I m new here, so not sure if I've posted in the right place !

I have a hearing with the court of protection between myself and my sister to decide on a finances deputy... Can anyone tell me what goes on this hearing and the format of it. It's three hours long , and have no clue what to expect..

Any information appreciated..

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Serendipity1934

Apr 19, 2015
Thank u for the reply and link .. I have read through it and there is some useful information. As u say , hopefully someone out there has been through a hearing and can shed some light on what happens ...

Modernwoman

Apr 23, 2015
Have you tried phoning their helpline?

Hi Serendipity

I am (hopefully) nearing the end of the Court of Protection process. On two occasions I have needed guidance and used their helpline number. On both occasions they have been very helpful - maybe they would talk you through what to expect. It sounds like you may have some negotiation to do with your sister, if the Court is looking to make a ruling - did you know you could apply to be Joint Deputies or act Jointly and Severally. That may not be what you wanted, though, in which case, phone and get some prior information to help put your mind at ease. Good luck :)

Hi .. I m new here, so not sure if I've posted in the right place !

I have a hearing with the court of protection between myself and my sister to decide on a finances deputy... Can anyone tell me what goes on this hearing and the format of it. It's three hours long , and have no clue what to expect..

Any information appreciated..