Court of protection bank statements check.

Dotka

Mar 12, 2019
If money was used prior do obtaining deputyship then while applying for deputyship will court of protection check bank statements starting from the date of incapacity or do they just check do they just Check how much money is in the bank account?

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
I would contact the Court and ask. Then you'll know for definite.

Bod

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Assuming no malpractice.

Personally I'd just leave things alone and be careful.
Was the incapacity date on a COP3 or something else?
Where any outgoings by a previously signed DD?
If not DD or similar how where they authorised?
I think the legal position is that you should pay from your own assets, keep proof, and reclaim as deputy.

Again, assume no malpractice, why alert the OPG/COP to a potential witch hunt?

Dotka

Mar 12, 2019
no malpractice. Trying sort things out but money is as always issue. Hopefully all will be sorted soon :)

Dotka

Mar 12, 2019
Yes. I'm aware that access to account will be granted with deputyship. I think all credit cards were set up with direct debit payments and phone bill as well.
For now I keep receipts for what Im buying and maybe one day I will be able to reimburse

Dotka

Mar 12, 2019
I have sat down at home today, made green tea and startd to think. Then took out all deputyship forms again. I was reading them over and over again, but even though there is a guideline it was difficult.
And then i called legal advise to book appointment to help me fill them in. Decided that I am unable to do them myself and I think it is beneficial to have a help from someone who knows how to do it step by step. I am impressed that there some of you were able to do it themselves. But for me, this will be one less worried.
Thank you for your answers all