Court of Protection Application

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
Just found out this morning that mum is going to be sectioned under section 2 of the MHA, either today or Monday. She has been found wandering on the streets by the police twice in the last fortnight including once in traffic and she has been up at night screaming and throwing things at the walls so the neighbours have contacted the police and social services. Sad but inevitable so hopefully she will get a decent assessment and some decent treatment. She may well have some infection which has aggravated the dementia although she is obviously on the decline rapdly as well. her hygiene appears minimal as neighbours have testified to her wearing the same clothes all summer so she may have a UTI or something. Looks like we should be able to get the assessment done quite easily now albeit in upsetting circumstances so I think we will plod on without a sollicitor and save our money for travel and sorting her out once the Covid situation allows. I'd rather use (or borrow) the money to take unpaid leave and go to see her than pay a sollicitor. Plus they were supposed to ring me yesterday which they didn't claiming they thought there email had covered all the points needing discussion. Would have helped if they had mentioned in said mail that the telephone appointment was cancelled ! Thanks again for the advice and support.
I am sorry to hear this. I hope mum turns out to be physically well and that this forces the hand of social services.

Wearing the same clothing is not uncommon at all, she probably thinks she just put them on clean or has forgotten how to undress/dress, never easy to find out which. (Dad refused to change his ripped cords for weeks and the home were under strict instructions to bin them ASAP.)

Could be exacerbated by infection of course or could be just a decline, but I hope you can get some clarity on which soon and some help for mum.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry to hear about this development. At least she will be well looked after and investigations done.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))