Counting my blessings, well……….. it didn’t last

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Thank you all, your continued support does mean so very much to me, I really dont feel as if I am going through this alone.

Tina you are so right, I would give anything for mum to sit up and tell me to b.......r off right now.

Much love

Cate xxxx

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Thrilled

Hi All

A bit of an update. Mum actually had half a faggot and some mushy peas today. I am that pleased I could string out some flags tonight. I know its only a small thing, but wow, am I pleased. She still sleeps all the time, but this has to be an improvement.

Love to all

Cate xxxx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Cate,

I am really happy for you this is good news and hopefully, the start of better things to come.

I nearly replied to your post yesterday, I was going to tell you to keep your spirits up as my dad has being written off so many times and bounces back, but I didn't want to give any false hope...

Hope you know what I'm trying to say.
Fingers Crossed Cate,
Love Taffy. :) :) :)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Cate, I'm so pleased for you. I know when John's in the throes of an infection, they put great emphasis on getting protein into him, they say it's the best way to fight infection.

A chink of light for you at last, may it continue to grow.

Love,

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
The question of faggots

Hello again Cate. Half a faggot is much better than no faggot, as I'm sure Graham Norton would say. Mushy peas too! Hey! So glad to hear this.
The dietician recommended faggots for my mum months ago, well-drenched in gravy. ( The faggots I mean, not the dietician.) The chefs at the home didn't know what faggots were. Young people, eh? Your home sounds brilliant. Well done.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Faggots

I`m so pleased for you and your mother Cate, I`m sure you enjoyed knowing she`d eaten even more than she enjoyed eating. :)

I do wish Faggots would be renamed.........

Love xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Cate:
I have been following your thread and I am so pleased to hear good news of your Mum this morning. I do hope it continues and her appetite improves too. You have been fantastic with her.
Best wishes Jan

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Cate,
I admire you for your strength and persiverance.
Hoping you and your Mum have more positive days.
When they do not eat, I always think of what Antoinnette use to say "Let them eat cake"
As long as they are eating something, that is all that matters.
Take care of yourself.
Very best wishes.
Christine

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Everyone,

When I went to see mum yesterday with my son and future DIL, mum was not in the best of moods. She had eaten some lunch, but turned her nose up at the sandwiches which were brought to her room when we were there, and dispatched me in search of biscuits!! That done she told us we could go in no uncertain terms.

With a heavey heart off we went.

This morning I get a call for the NH, my heart is in mouth expecting the worse.

Mum was up, dressed and had got herself to the dining room, all offers of help apparently sent away with a flea in their ear. She had most of her lunch, and when the nurse called mum was sat in the lounge with the rest of the residents happy as a sand boy.

I always knew mum had the heart and will of a lioness. Guess it was just another one of those 9 lives she has used up.

I am totally drained from all the emotion of the last week or so, but a very happy bunny for all that.

Thank you all again for your support, you have all pulled me up by the boot laces again.

Special thanks to the Sista's and brudder, I dont know how you put up with me.:D

Love
Cate xxxxx

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
hi Cate ,thats fantastic news , your mum has pulled round once again,goodness knows what its been doing to your stress levels. I hope you can find a little time to give yourself some much needed TLC , gather your strength for future ups and downs .
Take care.
angela.xx

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
Best wishes Cate,you've been put through the mill enough this past few weeks.i pray that your mum will be fine.Faggots or not!My dad wants lambs fries at the minute!Try telling that to a sheep!he won't eat,wants lambs bloody fries,if he carries on he will be eating his own fries!!!lol.
bless you honey,elainex

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
OK, I give in!! WHAT is a faggot????? :eek:

(Also, I just love the mental image I get of the dietician drenched in gravy!! :D Thanks Deborah!!)

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
(Several meanings for faggott, Nell, in the UK. The ones Cate is referring to are a sort of 'meatball' made with pig's offal usually .... very tasty (if you can bear to think what's in them!) .... sadly, the noun has also been used in a derogatory and discriminative sense in the UK to refer to homosexuals.)

Dear Cate ...... now you know I am very interested in genetics ...... ;) so I smiled when I read this part of the update in particular ......

I always knew mum had the heart and will of a lioness

HHmmmmmm ..... so now we know which side of the family you got that from then!!!!! :D

Fantastic news, Cate ....... well done as ever ..... you have been amazing - changing 'tack', doing everything you can think of for mum at your own emotional expense ....... please celebrate this latest episode of 'success' .... and celebrate yourself!!!!!!!

You done good girl! Not bad for a mere cub!!!! :D

Love, Kaz, x

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Hi Cate

Wonderful news!

Think you take after your mum, you lioness, you!:)

Take care
x