Counselling for the Carers?


Registered User
Oct 15, 2007
Hi there

I just wondered if there were any counselling places specifically for carers and those who are on the other side of dementia. My poor little Dad once such a great strong and charismatic man is now a helpless waif. It is breaking my heart to see this and I know that I desperately need to get help for how it is affecting me. I live in London and wondered if anyone had any suggestions or recommendations for counsellors?

Thanks in advance for helping!



Registered User
Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Debby

I'm sorry you're finding it so hard to cope with. It's not easy, watching the slow decline of the person we love.

Have you tried Princess Royal Trust for Carers? Many branches have a trained counsellor, and there is always someone there to listen, and provide tea and tissues.

Yu can find your local branch here:

Keep in touch, there's usually someone here, too, to listen.



Registered User
Jul 31, 2007
Hi Debby,
Apart from our local Alzheimer's Branch whereby they can put you in the right place for Councelling, some Branches do have qualified people attached to them, it can be done through the Social Worker.
I did go on a referral and it was benefitial.
Good luck. Christine