Council Collecting Furniture

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Just woken up to find the council collecting the furniture from the front garden. Very sad to see this just before Xmas with all those memories but pleased that a pupil bought some of this yesterday and insisted on paying me! Therefore dad's desk (a birthday present from mum) a chest of drawers and some small tables have been saved. The pupil insisted on paying me what the council had been paid!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I paid for this collection and the previous one and I think my youngest brother may be expecting me to pay for the next one but he doesn't know my pupil has paid me.

MaNaAk

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
I think you should make a list of your costs then they can be reclaimed from the estate. There is no reason for you to pay these yourself. My cousin has made a list of his costs. He does not expect to pay them himself and neither should you. Best wishes Susan

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I've got a lot of receipts but the brother who lives the furthest away has spent the least amount of money although he has mentioned that we need to add up what we have spent at the end.

MaNaAk

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I had some of dads things collected by the council and I was surprised because the cost was very reasonable and they were large items that I could not have got rid of easily. I added the cost to the executors expenses list and this was repaid back to me by me before any inheritances were distributed.

Add everything up and make sure that you get it back.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Am not sure why you are even paying for collection- places like british heart foundation will collect for free if they think they can re sell it in their shops

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
a lot of charity shops have big stocks where they havent opened. council charges quite a lot in my area per item. if had a large car, could do it with that but if havent got transport council is easiest and will take all of it