• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

    You can directly access this area >here<.

Could this be FTD?


Registered User
Dec 29, 2015
I am caring for 72 year old person. His behaviour has hanged over the years and he has increasingly become more aggressive. He has started to stutter and is obsessed with clocks.

He was transferred to a assisted living accommodation as doctors diagnosed him with a learning difficuly rather than what I believe could be FTD?

How can I get him proper diagnosed?


Registered User
Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello Rodeo and welcome to Talking Point

Im sorry, Im not very clear about the circumstances here. You say that you care for an elderly man - are you a relative and how long have you cared for him? I think only a relative can take the responsibility of talking to health professionals about something like this.
If he has been diagnosed with learning difficulties that should have been well documented from birth, although it is possible for him to have both learning difficulties and FTD.
If you are a relative then I would start by talking to his GP If you are not - does he have any relatives that you can talk to?