could someone who has a loved one in care home please answer my query?

SueShell

Sep 13, 2012
Orpington
Mum been in NH 4 months, now going to panel next Tuesday for permanent placement there. However, I will need to notify everyone for mail purposes of her change of address.

However, apparently her occupational pension I will need to pay the NH direct, but what about her state pension? Will SS transfer this to them automatically, or will I get billed for all her pensions. Needless to say she's not self funding. Grateful if someone could let me know. Like everything its never straightforward. Fortunately I already had the hindsight to get rid of a lot of stuff from her flat already because that will be the next job, emptying out her flat, writing letters, etc, etc Many thanks, Sue

daisydi

Feb 25, 2015
Norfolk
Mum been in NH 4 months, now going to panel next Tuesday for permanent placement there. However, I will need to notify everyone for mail purposes of her change of address.

However, apparently her occupational pension I will need to pay the NH direct, but what about her state pension? Will SS transfer this to them automatically, or will I get billed for all her pensions. Needless to say she's not self funding. Grateful if someone could let me know. Like everything its never straightforward. Fortunately I already had the hindsight to get rid of a lot of stuff from her flat already because that will be the next job, emptying out her flat, writing letters, etc, etc Many thanks, Sue

We get a small contribution from social services for my mum's care but they pay the care home direct for the whole fees and then they invoice us for what we owe. My mums state pension goes straight into her bank account so we transfer funds back to council. Hope that helps

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
My mum is LA funded, & her State & private pensions are paid into her bank account & then go by direct debit to the LA as her contribution.

Lin x

SueShell

Sep 13, 2012
Orpington
Thank you. So in other words I pay her contribution from all her pensions? Thank you for replies. Fingers tightly crossed for next Tuesday when SW recommends Mum's permanent placement at the panel! Hugs to all, Sue

yorkshirerosie

Jul 14, 2010
cheshire
My mum is on deferred payment but she pays half each month. Both her state pension and private pension is paid into her bank account and I pay the invoice from that. I think all local authorities have their own ways of doing things though.....hope you get it sorted!