Could I have PPA/early onset dementia?

San 'Fairy' Ann

Jun 28, 2014
merseyside
Hi DM, I am very relieved that you have seen the doctor and now have a plan in place. If it is at all possible I would take the time off work and re-charge those batteries. Ppa is indeed very rare and you do fall outside the age group so even rarer for you. With this in mind try to put it out of your thoughts and see if things improve. I'm here if you need me ☺

DundeeMan

Sep 28, 2015
Hi DM, I am very relieved that you have seen the doctor and now have a plan in place. If it is at all possible I would take the time off work and re-charge those batteries. Ppa is indeed very rare and you do fall outside the age group so even rarer for you. With this in mind try to put it out of your thoughts and see if things improve. I'm here if you need me ☺

Thanks again. Spoke to my boss, who was very understanding and encouraged me to take as much time off as I needed.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thanks again. Spoke to my boss, who was very understanding and encouraged me to take as much time off as I needed.

That's so good. It means so much to have an understanding boss.

It's a beautiful day in Dundee today Dundeeman!:D

DundeeMan

Sep 28, 2015
Hi DM I hope that you are feeling relaxed after your time off work and that your symptoms have lessened. Please post to let us know how you are.

Hi there,

Feeling better, thanks. Symptoms have lessened considerably, although they are still there.

The blood and other tests the doctor carried out showed no abnormalities and, while she obviously wasn't specifically looking for dementia. I've come to the point where I have to get on with my life and hope that by doing so the symptoms will continue to reduce in frequency.

I've been referred to counselling and, failing that, cognitive behavioural therapy to treat an anxiety disorder and learn to cope with stress, which my GP thinks combined to send me into a state where not only did I believe I had PPA or something similar but I was genuinely experiencing the symptoms.

I hope no one here thinks I have wasted their time. I found all your kind words to be very reassuring and they helped me get over what appears to have been a minor breakdown.

San 'Fairy' Ann

Jun 28, 2014
merseyside
Hi DM, I am so pleased that ppa was not the reason for your problems. Please don't think that you wasted anyone's time, you needed help and I hope that you found it here. I wish you well with your recovery ☺