Could do with a smile

Lillie

Oct 21, 2006
Midlands
Hello all,

Just having a down day. Anyone got any funny jokes to try and cheer us all up, lord knows we could do with a giggle! How about this one: A shepherds pie walks into a pub and asks the barman for a pint of beer, the barman replies "sorry we dont serve food"! Ok thats not v funny i admit but it used to make my mum smile. Now she laughs at lots of things, i know this sounds silly because its far better than her crying all the time but it can be quite difficult if its inappropriate or not in keeping with the conversation and i can see people looking at her strangely. Nevermind, just one more of the bizarre symptoms we have to deal with. Oh well, if you don't laugh you'll cry x x x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Lillie, Sorry you`re having a bad day. Some days are better than others, aren`t they.
I understand what you mean about inappropriate laughter. It is embarrassing isn`t it. You don`t want people looking at your mother strangly. You want her as she was.
I`m afraid it`s a `no win` situation.
Sorry I haven`t any jokes to cheer you up. I just wanted you to know that everyone on TP will know how you feel.
I hope tomorrow is a better day. Love Sylvia x

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi Lillie, just pop into the Tea Room.............wonderful Jokes section at the start.

Meanwhile sending you a special hug.

Attachments

• Little hug.gif
    Little hug.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 355

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
sorry conie not a joke but

i went along with it for hubby
we brought a bag of dinosaurs at car boot for 50 p to go on hubbys park at caravan
took the grandchildren dancing to night as normal hubby joked with grandaughter all the time about swaping she was not up for it but it made him feel good
interaction
love bel x

Lillie

Oct 21, 2006
Midlands
Thank you for your replies, helps to know there are others who understand. Thank you Connie for your mention about the tea room - hadnt found that yet so somewhere new to go! Best wishes x x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513