Coughs and colds and care homes?

looviloo

May 3, 2015
Cheshire
Just wondering about opinions on this... I've had a sore throat on and off for about a month and a horrible cold for about two weeks. So I haven't seen dad in his care home during the past fortnight (since the sneezing started) because I don't want to pass the virus on. But am I being too cautious?

I've just spoken to the nurse at my doctor's practice, because I can't shift the cough etc , and she said I should continue to go into the care home as normal.

Any thoughts? I'm getting anxious now because I'm supposed to be present when the GP visits my dad for a medication review but I've already had to cancel it twice :-/.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I've had the same as you and once the cold was over (i've had the cough since new year) I was told i wasn't infectious anymore

looviloo

May 3, 2015
Cheshire
I've had the same as you and once the cold was over (i've had the cough since new year) I was told i wasn't infectious anymore

Thanks Fizzie, that's what I hoped. I'm considering visiting tomorrow, if I feel up to it. I'll take paracetamol beforehand and hope I don't get a coughing fit...

I hope your cough clears up soon!

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Ty I found some really good menthol sweets in morrisons called jackmans or something similar and they seem to temp halt the cough. hope you feel better soon too! x