Cost of care homes?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
And she has flatly refused any of these, Beate, and won't join in with anything in her building, so I'm thinking it's too early. My strategy is to start drip-feeding the idea of carers coming in - she accepted these when she came out of hospital (re-enablement team). What I have asked for is someone to come in whilst I am on holiday next week for 2 days until my cousin arrives to house-and-mum sit for us the rest of the week. The trouble is that she has become too reliant on me - I want to extract myself bit by bit so I get my life back. So I will then try to increase the care to a couple of days a week - I have been going every day since she had her spell in hospital.

Dear Netsy,

Following on from me suggesting that you follow Nitram's advice last week I can't remember if I told you that we are having our first care assessment on Thursday. Like you I am going on holiday except that I will be away for a few days before coming back for two nights and going away again for just over a week. Last year I went away for just over a week and my brother stayed for a few days with my sister-in-law and nephews and then my other brother came to stay with dad during the daytime although there were a couple of times when they had to work away from our house. At first dad was so reliant on me that he wasn't looking forward to me being away but when I came back he was full of confidence and he said that he doesn't mind me going away next year. When I was away I must admit I did worry but then I gradually started to relax and when I came back not only did I look forward to seeing dad I was full of confidence as well.

Now like your mum dad probably won't like the ideas of carers but as has been suggested to me they need to be introduced as friends or people who are coming to help when I am away. Alzheimers is a horrible illness but unlike other illnesses there are some things that the main carer can get away with and this is one of them. Sometimes you need to tell a little love lie and this will get you through all sorts of things and you will need to tell quite a few love lies because you love your mum.

Once again good luck and enjoy your holiday you deserve it.

MaNaAk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951