Coronavirus

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Currently in France when out of your house you have to have a completed copy of
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/attestation_de_deplacement_derogatoire .
plus if you are going to work a copy of
https://interieur.gouv.fr/justificatif_de_deplacement_professionnel .

Translations
TRAVEL WAIVER CERTIFICATE

In application of article 1 of the decree issued on 16 March 2020 concerning movements in the context of the fight against the spread of the virus Covid 19:

I the undersigned:

Mrs/Mr:

Born on:

Living at:

Certify my movement is related to the following reason (tick the box) authorised by Article 1 of the Decree of 16 March 2020, regulating movements in the context of the fight against the spread of the Covid-19 virus:

- Travel between home and the place of professional activity, when essential for the exercise of activities that cannot be organised in the form of teleworking (on permanent proof) or professional trips that cannot be postponed;

- Travel to make essential purchases in authorised establishments (list on gouvernement.fr);

- Travel for health reasons;

- Travel for imperative family reasons, for assistance to vulnerable persons or childcare;

- Short trips, close to home, related to the individual physical activity of people, excluding any collective sports practice, and to the needs of pets.

Completed at _____________, on (Date): ____/____/2020

(Signature):

Workplace / worker form:
PROFESSIONAL TRAVEL PROOF

I, the undersigned: _________ (job title)_____________

Certify that the journeys of the following person between his or her home and his or her place of residence of professional activity, may not be deferred or are essential for the exercise of professional activities, which cannot be organised as working from home (within the meaning of the first of the second subparagraph), and Article 1 of the decree of 16 March 2020 on travel regulations as part of the fight against the spread of the Covid-19 virus) :

Surname:

First name:

Date of birth:

Home address:

Nature of the professional work:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
What about post offices? No one's mentioning them.

Stamps are not food plus supermarkets sell them.
Will supermarkets sell bedding plants or only herbs in pots?

Real problem is posting parcels which leads on to using PO as collection point for Amazon etc especially as goods may be in transit.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Found this on BBC web site.

Only a small group of retailers will be allowed to stay open including:

• Supermarkets
  • Pharmacies
  • Newsagents
  • Hardware stores
  • Banks
  • Pet shops
  • Post Offices
  • Petrol stations
  • Vets
  • Retail shops in hospitals
  • Laundrettes
  • Funeral homes
It says including so may not be exclusive.
Is B&Q a hardware store?
Not sure of rules now, at one stage France stopped DIY purchases only allowing those by tradesmen.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
I saw a man walking down the road with just 32 toilet rolls today!

MaNaAk
It's because of that type of bulk buying I haven't seen any in our local supermarket when I've visited for going on 4 weeks now.:mad: Disgusting.

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
I saw a man walking down the road with just 32 toilet rolls today!

MaNaAk

If he was running it would be more understandable!

Our local Co-op has had loo rolls for sale two days in a row, we didn't buy any but did buy two loaves of bread, late in the day, so it looks like "limited amount" is working. It's very comforting to know that we can only purchase two or three of any item so that others won't go without

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
My joiner thinks that B&Q etc will probably close but the places like Toolstation and Screwfix which don’t invite browsing will stay open @nitram

I’m quite worried because I may not be able to get the integrated kitchen units I need to complete the bungalow I’m working on and it’s being unfinished is getting very expensive.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Just been round a few websites checking whether stores open or not, no matter whether walk round or nor they are all closed but remain open for home delivery and click and collect.
Tradepoint within B&Q just say they are shut.
However they all have a 'watch this space warning' so things may change.

@Bunpoots

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
B&q site now saying stores closed today so they can work out how to sell essential products - see website update

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Coronavirus patients in Italy died at a rate of one every two minutes yesterday as the virus continues to ravage the country.

Sobering figures show 793 people lost their lives to Covid-19 in Italy on Saturday - equating to an average of 33 deaths per hour.

This marks the biggest increase in fatalities yet over a single 24-hour period.

The nation’s overall death toll is now 4,825, surpassing China, where the killer bug first originated in the city of Wuhan.

It comes as Prime Minister Boris Johnson warned that Britain is only “two or three” weeks behind Italy on the spread of Covid-19.

The UK’s death toll from the pandemic today is exactly the same as Italy's was two weeks ago.

Coronavirus has now killed 233 people in Britain - a figure which Italy reached on March 7.

In todays Sunday papers, Johnson has issued a stark warning the NHS could become as overwhelmed as Italy’s health service unless ‘heroic’ efforts are made.

"Unless we act together, unless we make the heroic and collective national effort to slow the spread - then it is all too likely that our own NHS will be similarly overwhelmed," he said.

The total number of confirmed cases in Italy rose to 53,578, up from 47,021 on Friday.

The Italian army has now been sent in to enforce quarantine measures in Lombardy, the country’s worst-affected region.

More than 100 soldiers were deployed to the northern Italian region to keep people inside after reports of people defying lockdown rules.
on Sunday Aged Mother who lives in deepest darkest Cornwall took another dip for the worst .... Our lovely NHS is so stretched that no bed available! So all those second homers & holidaymakers influxing our areas are contributing to this crisis!
District Nurses in tears as their lists are closed to new patients due to other commitments covid-19 related; PCT stretched as work part time & don't have the resources now required to fulfil end of life care plans! Yet folks think it's a good idea to escape from a populated area with hospitals & health systems in place for them to rural areas that are underfunded to begin with!
Reality check required!
Cornwall has 1 main hospital & that hospital has 12 ICU beds that are full! The wards are full! The Care Homes are full! Care agencies are stretched beyond belief! Our local GP surgeries already struggling to cope with those registered to that practice !

Aged Mother is a consequence of those folks who decided to travel from their homes to holiday! An old lady who survived bombing, yes Cornwall was bombed relentlessly churches were mistaken for mine houses!; has now found herself denied the care package carefully put in place last year!

We self isolate as requested & adhere to the rules & regulations. Now the reality of the fragility of the system is exposed, DNR decisions are being asked to be made to ensure further strain isn't placed on a dangerously stretched system.

This weekend tearful NHS staff apologised for a situation that's not of their making.

If it wasn't for the amazing care agency who look after Aged Mother stepping into the breach we would be lost! Fortunately there is a financial pot available to dip into to pay for Mums end of life care. So we are the lucky ones.

To all the lovely forum contributors etc, we are about to enter in chartered waters of which i am fearful for all those involved in looking after others.
Stay safe , sane & healthy in these worrying times.
((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I’m sorry to hear this .I didn’t realise your mum was quite down that path yet..Sending ((( Hugs))))?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Two bins should have been collected today, paper and garden/food waste.
Paper went at 07:30 as usual, other did not, looked on web sit to find

The coronavirus outbreak is having an impact on household waste collections. This means we are unable to carry out as many bin collections as usual.

Neighbours on facebook have discovered this means no garden/food waste collection till further notice.
I've signed up for email notification of what bin collections I can expect in the near future.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
I can see you are Cornish @Countryboy. We have friends who live in Wadebridge and they are aghast at all the Londoners who have gone down to self isolate in their second homes and caravans. As our friends say, these greedy intruders are buying food and depriving local people. Cornwall has a small hospital that will not be able to manage should the situation worsen. I also live on the coast and much the same is happening here as well.
Hi Dimpsy yes I’m 100% Cornish still live in same Village I was borne 77 years ago :) albeit the Village has grown 20 times its size now :mad: were 30 miles further West of Wadebridge although I agree with your friends about the intruders coming to Cornwall when we have a medical crises and Treliske Hospital only has 750 bed capacity and only a few intensive care bed it may become a major problem Treliske has had 5 coronavirus deaths :eek::eek: and the hospital is Closed to ALL VISITORS.

Now not so sure about ( greedy intruders ) and I tell you why Dimpsy it’s the Greedy Cornish People that sold these houses to people outside the County in first place because they could get more cash there the Greedy ones :mad:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Mobile operators are sending a message from the Government to all subscribers

GOV.UK ALERT
CORONAVIRUS
New rules in force now: you must stay at home. More info and exemptions at gov.uk/coronavirus

Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives

This is separate to the letter being sent to people with a high medical risk.
Receipt does not mean you are at high risk.
The new rules should be followed.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
I rang our Doctors at 9 to check if OH blood test was going ahead, yes they said as long as you show no symptoms. Just pushing OH out the door at 10.30 - phone rings, cancelling routine blood tests. It's not routine says I, it's a second test because there were anomalies with the first. Hmmm... she says. Dr says it can wait but another clinician says it needs to go ahead. I'll ring you back :rolleyes:

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
If he was running it would be more understandable!

Our local Co-op has had loo rolls for sale two days in a row, we didn't buy any but did buy two loaves of bread, late in the day, so it looks like "limited amount" is working. It's very comforting to know that we can only purchase two or three of any item so that others won't go without

He wasn't running and this was the only thing he bought!

MaNaAk