coronation street

nikita

Jul 31, 2004
after watching corination street last night withtears streaming down my face i just want to say how brilliant it was to show alzhiemers in a different light not just a batty 0ld woman, i hope the story continues witht he same sensitivity well done corrie

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Nikita, keep watching. Agree with you the storyline has been well done, so far.

Feel sure, as they have been in contact with the society that it will continue in the same vein. Regards Connie

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Watched it tonight,Baldwin seems to getting worse very quickly.
Peg said whats wrong with him?
I tried to explain ,it all went over her head.
Norman

I

inmyname

Funny but my Mother sat watching Coronation St

Asked what was wrong with Mike Baldwin .......told her he is loosing his memory .........her reply ........oh i know all about that !!!

However if you try to tell her she has forgotten things or query whats shes babbling about you get your head snapped off and the response that its you thats mad not her

This in and out of "normality" mode is beyond a joke for the poor relatives

No wonder I have a bottle of parecetomol saved up specifically for myself if i get that way

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Hello all

My mum was watching Corrie and when she saw the Mike Baldwin scene, she said "oh, he's losing his marbles." And, "I'm glad I'm not the only one." She then goes on to say that there's nothing wrong with her, that it's everyone else. Hey ho ...

Hope you and yours have survived the holidays as best you can. I've kept mum occupied so far and we're doing OK.

Best wishes to you all and will post again soon.

Nx

Sep 21, 2005
bradford
corrie

hello every one drunk too much christmas sprits so i will have to pretend to be literate amazingly had a good one with hubby loving party 50 guests thought might have stressed him too much, but he loved it. corrie am not sure thngs seem,to be progressing too quick, it is not like that iis it more a long drawn out torture but any public realisation is good
happy new year to every one and keep posting , it really helps me not to lose it love to all pam

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi Pam, appreciate that you must feel the storyline is moving too quickly, as I think our loved ones are progressing along pararllel lines. Yes, looking back things have taken much longer.

However I know that this story has mirrored quite a few lives out there, which is distressing. To work on TV however I don't think you could use tooooooooo long a run in to the story, as it would not register.

Just hope it will bring dementia inot the public a bit more, and maybe if only one or two people realise they are not alone, it will have done a lot a good.

Connie.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Aaarrrrrggggghhhh!!

Here in Canada we've just got past Katie's death. I did know about Mike Baldwin getting AD by cheating & looking ahead online but I've stopped that now. It's not any fun.

I hope they do it properly also but I agree with Connie, TV doesn't usually run a very long storyline. Almost as though TV viewers all have AD & can't follow a long term story. Now that's ironic for us.

widget

Jul 18, 2005
Lincs
Website flagged up?

hI eVERYONE
I don't watch Corrie but caught a couple of episodes over Christmas. To the 'Powers that be' do you think it would be helpful to have the website flagged up as the credits roll?

a A couple of months ago the BBC aired a series called Beyond Boundaries which was about 12 physically disabled people trekking across Nicaragua and at the end the BBC's Ouch! disability forum website was flagged up. As a disabled person myself the Ouch website rapidly became a great source of information and support.
Even it it helped only one person out there it would be worth it, don't you think?

Leah

Oct 22, 2004
Northumberland
There is supposed to be a link from the ITV website to the Alzheimer's website, but I looked tonight and couldn't see it anywhere. Did it happen ? or was there a change of plan ?