Corona party

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
I drove past a block of flats yesterday which has a communal garden at the front. There appeared to be four or five mothers sitting in the sun together and at least a dozen small children running around playing together. I felt like stopping the car and telling them but of course I didn't because I know that I would have only got a load of abuse back. I wish i had now.

You were absolutely right @Lawson58 and well done I hope I am a bit braver next time.
I didn't feel particularly brave but next time I won't bother to talk to them, I will report them to our police hotline immediately. I was trying to avoid involving the police but such arrogance and disrespect doesn't deserve that courtesy.

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
We have a young couple renting the house next door and they frequently have gatherings over a weekend. This afternoon, there were extra cars outside and I could hear voices in the courtyard at the back.

I have never spoken to them before but I ended getting very angry at their actions so I got my little step ladder and popped up over the fence. I remained very calm but I told them they were doing the wrong thing and of course they tried to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about.

Any way I warned them that if they continued to have guests at their house, I would call the police. My husband didn't want me to do it and I guess at some time in the future I can expect an earful but it really annoyed me.

Within twenty minutes, the cars had gone so I think they found out that I was right.
A lot of these sort of activities are unenforceable. Fixed penalty notices and arrests only apply to public places in this legislation. Police can give words of advice about parties in private homes ,but little else.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Here in Victoria in Australia, there are very heavy and enforceable fines for not obeying social distancing regulations. Some people have been complaining that the police are being a bit over zealous but most people are trying to do the right thing. Sadly there are always those in the community who don't think they have to comply with the rules and don't care if their behaviour has an impact on others.