1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. ronyork

ronyork Registered User

Apr 28, 2015
    Hunts
    We seem to cope at present, The difficulty I find is when out when perhaps visiting the loo and my wife stands outside my worry being she might wonder off.

2. jeany123

jeany123 Registered User

Mar 24, 2012
    Durham
    #2 jeany123, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  3. stanleypj

stanleypj Registered User

Dec 8, 2011
    North West
    Hello ronyork and welcome to TP.

I understand your worry about this. A pretty sure solution is to use a disabled loo when you need to and take your wife in with you. Some of them require a 'Radar key' which you can buy very cheaply online (Amazon for instance). This is a perfectly legitimate use of a disabled loo - your wife is disabled.

It may sound like an extreme solution to some but anything that lessens the stress of caring is worth considering.

4. stanleypj

stanleypj Registered User

Dec 8, 2011
    North West
    You beat me to it Jeany but glad you agree.:)