Coping with the muttering

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
Anyone else have muttering to contend with? I get it most days and nights now, and it’s quite frustrating. I try and concentrate on the tv, but as we live in a flat, I can’t put the sound too loud. I suppose the next step is the lap top and the iplayer in the bed room. What a life eh? Everything is gradually getting smaller and smaller.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Anyone else have muttering to contend with? I get it most days and nights now, and it’s quite frustrating. I try and concentrate on the tv, but as we live in a flat, I can’t put the sound too loud. I suppose the next step is the lap top and the iplayer in the bed room. What a life eh? Everything is gradually getting smaller and smaller.
Yep! He wanders around the house mumbling and I never know if he is talking to me, the the dog or himself. The first time I asked him who he was talking to and he said that he was talking to himself.

The funny thing is that though I find it hard to understand him at times, if he is on the phone to one of his bridge buddies, he shouts so loudly I have to shut the door.

And he does walk in while I am watching TV and starts talking about whatever is going on in his head. So very frustrating. I turn up the TV so loudly that he wanders back to the study and I can turn it back down again.

No solutions. Sorry

B72

Jul 21, 2018
Well, I don’t have that kind of muttering. Well, sometimes. But my problem is that I’m deaf, my husband was always softly spoken, but now….. I just can’t hear what he says. It’s always muttering. I have to ask him to repeat everything, sometimes 2 or 3 times. Sometimes he’s j talking to himself, mostly it’s to me. It’s a terrible strain, and terribly tiring. And of course there’s nothing to be done.