Coping Most Days

Optomistic

Jul 24, 2014
Manchester
I am a full time carer for my husband he was diagnosed with Alzheimers in July 2014 after lots of tests. His main symptons are speech and memory he has problems talking people.

Most days i take him out either shopping or to the bingo this seems to keep his mind active and he enjoys it. If we stay at home he sleeps all the time in his chair and gets very bored.

He takes Donzepezil 10mg at night has done this since he was diagnosed i find them good. They seem to stop things getting worse.

The worst problem he has is bowel problems after he has eaten we have to keep finding toilets. I blame this on Metformin for his diabetis.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I believe that there is a scheme called Radar Key...
the Radar national key scheme. People who need to use a locked disabled loo can now "go" in peace, and quickly, without the indignity of asking someone if they can have a wee, please.
I just googled this...there is a lot of web based information about the scheme.
You may already know about this but I thought I'd pass it on.

You seem to be managing very well just now. I hope the even keel is a long one!:D

Optomistic

Jul 24, 2014
Manchester
Thanks Cragmaid i have already got a radar key it is really handy. The problem is when we are out shopping some days we spend more time looking for toilets than looking at things. The problem seemed to start after his diabetic tablets were changed i think Metformin is the culprit.