COP3 Form- Section 4 - Further Information

jackiemj

Jul 20, 2020
Hi there

I've been looking through many threads and reading messages and feel very grateful for finding this site.

I've come across section 4 on the COP3 form and I'm at a loss as to what to write in this section. Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks
The question is a.....

Please provide any further information about the circumstances of the person to whom the application
relates that would be useful to the practitioner in assessing his or her capacity to make any decision(s) that
is the subject of your application.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi @jackiemj and welcome to DTP

This is one of those "Is there anything else that you think is important which hasnt been covered by any of the questions?" question
I actually left it blank when I applied for deputyship. I should imagine it would cover things like - someone had POA which was being used, but has since died.

jackiemj

Jul 20, 2020
Hi there Canary
Thanks for your reply. I never thought of looking at it that way. I thought it meant, anything to do with property and affairs as its, for what I'm applying Deputyship for. Just not sure what best to put.

jackiemj

Jul 20, 2020
Ok thank you.
Did your Deputyship all go through Ok? and how long did it take to get it, if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you ?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
The deputyship went through fine, although it did take a while - about 6-9 months I seem to remember.

If you are likely to need to sell their home at some stage, do make sure you add this in the section "what you want the court to decide" asking for the authorisation to sell the property, otherwise you will have to apply to the court all over again when you want to sell.

jackiemj

Jul 20, 2020
Mum hasn't got any property of her own, so that's one less thing to worry about.

6-9 months?
Wow, a long time to wait to be sorted.
We all get there in the end though.
Thank you for your help and advice ?