Cop

middlemiss

Apr 27, 2014
Hi,
my mum is to be discharged from the assessment unit at hospital with 24 hour home care for 4 - 6 weeks, agreed by two attorneys (I'm one of them), health and social services, to enable a realistic assessment as she has been completely confused and agitated for past 7 weeks due to being out of her home environment. This was agreed by social services legal team at best interest meeting this week as being the least restrictive option and they will help with costs. All arranged today to start next week, review in 4 weeks and then decision made to either let her remain at home with reduced care or place against her wishes into care home, she lacks capacity. Advised today the 3rd attorney disagrees and has applied to the Courts to force her to stay in hospital until they make a decision of returning home or 24 hour care in a care home. More delays. Anyone experienced this situation? Not sure which way Courts will rule, I'm so upset and I'm looking for some reassurance and support!

Mrsbusy

Aug 15, 2015
Sorry can't really advise but I'm sure others will come along who can. What an awful situation to be in, but surely one person can't over through a decision by more than him or her. Maybe visit your CAB for a free half hour with a solicitor who may know what will happen or you can do.

Anyway sending you a hug as you sound like you need it.

middlemiss

Apr 27, 2014
Mrsbusy you are a star! I could contact mums solicitor on Monday and ask for a half hour fixed fee appointment for £10! Case to be presented at court on Tuesday so I hope they can see us on Monday. Thank you - you gave me a light bulb moment! Hugs x

middlemiss

Apr 27, 2014
Been to see mum today, she's sat alone in her room, glasses under her bed, top teeth under her pillow (rarely removed them normally), most of her cup of tea spilled in front of her on the shiny floor. Sibling has applied to COP for an interim order to prevent me and other sibling from taking her back to her own home with 24 hour care arranged for Wednesday because they think this is better? Cleaned up the tea before she stepped and slipped on it, cleaned and put her glasses on and teeth in. Heaven help her, it's so hard to listen to her continuously asking me to take her home. My heart is breaking.