Cop nightmare

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Talking Point' started by Becs73, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Becs73

Becs73 Registered User

Jun 29, 2016
    My dad has frontotemperol dementia and is in a nursing home. My mum and dad are divorced but were residing in the same home until he was sectioned (there is so much more to this i could write a book but i will get to the point!) Basically my mum is left with the house to sell she begged me after dealing with cop herself with my grandparents not to do it for dad i so wish i had . The house was sold in march and we are still waiting for a COP 2 form to be completed. No body seems to be able to tell us what is happening my mums solicitor says nobody is telling her anything and the buyers of mum and dads house are threatening to pull out. Has anyone had a similar experience? And how or who do i contact to help us. Im worried about my mum and my dad would actually hate this!

2. karaokePete

karaokePete Volunteer Host

Jul 23, 2017
    Male
    Cyprus
    Hello @Becs73, welcome to TP. I hope you find this to be a friendly, informative and supportive place.

I don’t have any experience of your situation bu it may be worth your while contacting the experts on the help line, details as follows
    National Dementia Helpline
    0300 222 11 22
    Our helpline advisers are here for you.
    Helpline opening hours:
    Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm
    Thursday and Friday 9am – 5pm
    Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm