• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

    Find out more >here<.

COP Deputyship / house sale


New member
Feb 18, 2020
Hello, have cop/deputyship in place. Mum now in nursing home. As Deputy do I need to apply to court to sell house? What happens if during sale mum passes away, can I continue with sale?


Registered User
Apr 6, 2011
North Manchester
If the sale of the property is not included in the deputy order you will have to apply to the court.

When your Mum dies the deputyship ceases it is up to the executor to carry on with the house sale.