converting old vhs to dvd

digiman

Oct 20, 2020
Hia,

My late grandmother had a collection of old vhs tapes that i had digitised, before her passing i showed her some of the tapes to try and see if she remembered anything from her childhood and it was quite emotional for us all but it was really sentimental and it was just an idea that I wanted to share with other people in a similar situation. i had all my tapes digitised with a local company (called supaphoto i think) i can attach a link below if its useful for anyone, it just seems like an idea to make their final days the slightly happier :)

Hayley JS

Feb 20, 2020
I've often wondered if that could be done. Mum has one particular home video we used to watch but it got partially chewed up and can't be played, might just give digitising a whirl, thanks for the post!

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Welcome to the forums @digiman. That's a lovely way to update old films and to bring back happy memories for your granny. There's a small company near Bristol I hired in the past to transfer old video to DVD for my partner's son, so it should be easy enough for others to find something on google.
There's also a charity called My Life Films who can take old photos, interview people with dementia about their memories and using their favourite music turn it into a short film of their life. It doesn't cost anything, though they do appreciate a small donation if you can. I have no connection, but they did it for my partner a couple of years ago and it was fun for her and her children to see.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I did this myself with some old videos using a video player and a DVD player/recorder some years ago and it was quite simple with our old tv but I have not managed to do the same with the new smart tv as it is much more complicated and pernickety. I keep meaning to have another try as I have plenty of time and I still have the recorders.

I will have to google it again.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
My dads 80th back in 1994 with the help of a video camera, player and a ‘magic’ audio box me and Pauline spent 3 weeks using old photographs to create a “This is your life” VHS that was done to all the old tunes and songs and which is now digitised. Dad had just started with Parkinson dementia and would play and rewind the tape for hours on end and I often sat with him and we cried together and it certainly help him over the few years he had left.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet