Control

Alyson1955

Mar 6, 2016
My husband has started to go off in a mood if I Zoom my sisters or friends. It’s as if he can’t cope with me talking to anyone but him. I am putting up with a lot with this Alzheimer’s but this is a step too far. Has anyone come across this before and any advice. I lost my job 6 months ago and am now at home permanently, he of course is loving that. I just feel life my life is over and I know I have even worse to come. He is 14 years older than me, I am living a life of a 78 year old.

Looseleaf

Mar 22, 2020
My husband has started to go off in a mood if I Zoom my sisters or friends. It’s as if he can’t cope with me talking to anyone but him. I am putting up with a lot with this Alzheimer’s but this is a step too far. Has anyone come across this before and any advice. I lost my job 6 months ago and am now at home permanently, he of course is loving that. I just feel life my life is over and I know I have even worse to come. He is 14 years older than me, I am living a life of a 78 year old.
Yes I feel exactly that my husband can not cope with me talking to friends on the phone. I gave up Zoom for a similar reason at the start of Lockdown. Having only just gone into my own private Lick Down in February as I could no longer leave him I feel he is now even more reliant for me to be around. Even leaving him with family or friends now will be very difficult.

Flossie369

May 6, 2020
I feel for you. I am in the same position. OH 11 years older. I left full time work this year
OH getting too used to me being at home. Showing signs of being left out when I Skype my daughter.
I do try to get out to go for a walk on my own to maintain my independence. I know this will be short lived.
So I try to do as much as I can. Lockdown has made it harder as OH went to a Centre 2 days per week
I am reading a good book called The Selfish Pig's Guide To Caring.
You're not on your own.

Alyson1955

Mar 6, 2016
I feel for you. I am in the same position. OH 11 years older. I left full time work this year
OH getting too used to me being at home. Showing signs of being left out when I Skype my daughter.
I do try to get out to go for a walk on my own to maintain my independence. I know this will be short lived.
So I try to do as much as I can. Lockdown has made it harder as OH went to a Centre 2 days per week
I am reading a good book called The Selfish Pig's Guide To Caring.
You're not on your own.
Thanks for the advice, I have down loaded the book on my kindle.

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
Unfortunately it's all about them, part of the disease. A friend of mine came to lunch recently, my partner was actively standing between us, his back to her so that we couldn't chat properly. He wants my attention all the time. If I'm on Zoom or the phone I just have to try and ignore him when he's trying to get my attention.

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
How odd is this! I thought it was just mine. If I am on the phone to my dad, I can hear him muttering and swearing in the background, but denies anything when I ask. And when I was talking to the carer last week, he did it again. I must be living the life of an 80yr old, in a 60yr old body!

Vitesse

Oct 26, 2016
I didnt realise it was so common either!! It’s probably one of the worst aspects for me, because talking on the phone or zoom/Skype is the only communication I can have. His speech is so bad now that I have no idea what he’s saying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa