Continuing Healthcare CCG & Hospital ignoring falsification of documents & more

rageineden

Dec 14, 2015
Hi, we are 1 week away from a MDT meeting for my father in law. Both my wife & I are power of attorney for him.

We have battled for months just to get to this stage.

We have written at least 6 times both to the coordinator chairing the meeting (allegedly independent, but obviously not) and the hospital and the chief executive of the CCG, providing detailed evidence of documents being falsified to prevent scoring to a high enough level for the assessment.

Despite this the coordinator insists the meeting is going to take place and ignores everything sent to them. She even put the phone down on us when we challenged her about her actions.

There are so many falsifications/breaches of policy and procedure the whole process is completely flawed. The' independent' coordinator even told us if we win they are only prepared to offer a care home even though his needs and wishes are for home care.

When we stated that this along with everything else meant the meeting decision had been predetermined we were told this was absolutely not the case!

Is there any other way of either delaying/preventing the farcical meeting from happening? I have even put a safeguarding complaint to the hospital but again everything is being ignored.

Any help would be appreciated.

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
Would strongly recommend you take up the offer of 90 mins free advice from a Beacon Healthcare case worker (please Google for link). Good luck!

rageineden

Dec 14, 2015
Would strongly recommend you take up the offer of 90 mins free advice from a Beacon Healthcare case worker (please Google for link). Good luck!

Hi i did that but unfortunately i knew more than the guy on the phone so got nowhere with it.

Have asked to record the MDT meeting or have a professional note taker with us. They seem spooked by this and want to know why we need this as it is not normal practice.

Pegsdaughter

Oct 7, 2014
London
Could you record the meeting? Tell them you will be doing this and they ate at liberty to do the same.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bottomls