Continuing care ...again !

Maya

Jul 23, 2009
I live in purgatory
Mum got continuing care, social worker now out of the picture and dealing with brusque med staff who referred me to co-ordinator. Still waiting for risk assessment and asked to see the care plan before I can let her home. Now dealing with some hostility ! I am now told I will have to provide an LPA so I can see the care plan.

So they are perefecty willing for me to sit in the panel and hear everything and for me to care for my mum in between visits from carers but now they need the welfare LPA (which thankfully was sorted out) what is that all about ?

Has anyone else had this response over care plan ?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I'm afraid this "protection" aspect has become crazy. There's a lot of people who simply won't have a welfare LPA (I would have been one) and I would have gone ballistic if they had refused to show me my own mother's care plan.

Some people are just unable to understand that these regulations are there to protect people not so that they can get their jollies by being obstructive. Common sense can be lacking.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hi Maya,

Firstly I'm surprised that your SW is now out of the picture. Ours not only got our CC for us, but hung around for any problems, arranged the care agencies and was generally helpful, though I know this is probably the exception rather than the rule. Also of course, mum died shortly after CC was awarded so I don't know how long the SW would have stayed involved.

We didn't have a LPA for mum but were still party to the care plan. I don't know what the "rules" are on disclosing care plans to close relatives, but as Jennifer says, common sense should prevail. If you are caring for your mum between carers, how on earth can you be expected to stick to the care plan if you don't know what it is. It beggars belief.

Vonny xx