Continence issue - bowel incontinence

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im on metformin sr and oligliptin for type 2 diabetes. the metformin irritates my IBS and stomach ache but have no problems with the other. is it controlled because if it isnt, you have such a thirst that you drink pints and yes you wee loads. so it might be that

Son-turned-carer

Jan 17, 2021
Mum did have an evaluation from the incontinence service (which included a bladder scan) so does get some pull ups from NHS but even at the maximum quantity she’s eligible for they only last for a month at best (she can go through 3/4 pads a day more if she’s having a messy day) so we have to supplement the NHS supply with our own.
Only meds she’s on are donepizil and modafinil. We know that the modafinil can cause constipation which is what lead us to trying the lactolose.

Lone Wolf

Sep 20, 2020
She is indeed - iron once a day and metformin/aloglipton combo tablet twice a day
When my partner was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in early Alzheimer's she started to have uncontrollable bowel movements. We struggled with this situation for several months before I spoke to her GP who immediately replaced the metformin with another diabetes medication and the problem immediately resolved.

angelict

Jan 16, 2020
Mum did have an evaluation from the incontinence service (which included a bladder scan) so does get some pull ups from NHS but even at the maximum quantity she’s eligible for they only last for a month at best (she can go through 3/4 pads a day more if she’s having a messy day) so we have to supplement the NHS supply with our own.
Only meds she’s on are donepizil and modafinil. We know that the modafinil can cause constipation which is what lead us to trying the lactolose.
I would go back to the service and explain the situation she may well be supplied with heavier duty pads the maximum they give is 4 a day. If no one listens then I would go to pals at the trust a bit of a faff but it could resolve the problem. When my Mum was going through more of the lighter ones this is what I did I was contacted by the Manager they pushed an order forward plus supplied me with a mixture of two sorts of pull ups they can work out how many will last you three months at the moment I'm a box and a half over from the last order so I can phone the order line when they start running out

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robert F Smith