Contact not allowed

Eilidh53

May 22, 2020
My mum has had vascular dementia for about 3 years now and it's just the short term memory problem at the moment. In the first few weeks of the lockdown my sisters who have Power of Attorney (had my power revoked last year) and had mum put into a care home. Mum hated it and after 3 weeks she was still crying and wanting to go home. The home couldn't cope and had mum sectioned. She had been drugged and injected on several occasions that I am aware of. She was moved today to another hospital dementia ward to be assessed. I cared for mum for about the last 6 months up until the "lockdown" and my sisters took over! They never bothered with mum, maybe an odd visit but nothing to help her with her wellbeing just her finances! They have stopped me from being able to contact my mum. Obviously I can't visit at the moment, and who's to say they won't allow that either when the time comes. I spoke to mum on the phone when she first sectioned, she was really pleased to hear from me. My sisters had that stopped and have a secret code in practice as well at this dementia unit so I am not allowed contact with my own mum. One of my sisters messaged me briefly when mum was sectioned to tell me how she was but today I wasn't told that she had been moved or what is happening?
Mum has been put through all this unnecessary suffering just because "she wants to go home to her own house".
Please can anyone help?

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Welcome to the forums, @Eilidh53. Sorry I have no experience of the heartbreak and stress you are going through, but there are many on the forum who can identify with you and support you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breazkrissy