Constant Talking and Walking

johng

Dec 20, 2015
My 77 year old partner was diagnosed about 4 years ago with Alzheimers. Things were going reasonably well until mid 2015 when things took a dramatic turn or the worse to the point where I requested a brain scan to rule out any other reasons than the desease, this was ruled out as the scan came back ok.
Since then she has been on various medications with either no effect on her behaviour, aggression/agitation,or the side effects were so severe as to stop her functioning at a reasonable level.
Without medication she functions well and her mobility improves the trouble is the agitation/aggression returns. From the moment she wakes the talking and walking around starts and this can last all day.The talking spreads to aggression if I'm on the phone or doing jobs around the house, she will destroy items around the house or in the car, attacking me personally is now a daily occurance. I have tried all the tecniques suggested with very little success she can modify her behaviour around strangers and becomes the pleasant person she used to be, very strange.
Does anyone out there think there is a drug therapy that could be successful?

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
The experts on medication are at the Memory clinic through the consultant and CPN. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it right but stick with it. You can't continue with aggression so call them ASAP.

johng

Dec 20, 2015
The experts on medication are at the Memory clinic through the consultant and CPN. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it right but stick with it. You can't continue with aggression so call them ASAP.

Hi Marionq,
She's been on a number of drugs up to now the latest being Olanzapine which bent her to the right, bent her head forwards and gave her mobility issues with no appreciable benefits. She has just been assigned a CPN so hopefully things may improve and she has another appointment at the memory clinic next week. I have taken to filming her on an i-pad so it can be viewed rather than anecdotal.

Marmotta838

Apr 16, 2016
Australia
How are things?

Hi Marionq,
She's been on a number of drugs up to now the latest being Olanzapine which bent her to the right, bent her head forwards and gave her mobility issues with no appreciable benefits. She has just been assigned a CPN so hopefully things may improve and she has another appointment at the memory clinic next week. I have taken to filming her on an i-pad so it can be viewed rather than anecdotal.

Hi John,

I know it's a long time since you've posted - just wondering if any suitable medication was found? Thanks....