1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Constant Confusion

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by Tovah, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Tovah

Tovah Registered User

Jul 22, 2015
    I'm wondering if any of you constantly feel in a state of confusion.

I just feel that there is just too much stimuli and I almost want to go back to bed after I get up.

Perhaps, the moderate dementia I have is getting worse.

Altho I was just diagnosed, this has been coming on so long.

I remember a job I had 6 yrs. ago. I had to take copious notes on everything and then just faking the rest.

So tired of trying to not let people know how out of it I am.

I would love any suggestions.
    Thank you,
    Tovah

2. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    Hi Tovah, welcome to TP but sorry about your symptoms.

I experience confusion a lot of the time but not all, I am fortunate in that I have 'good phases' maybe for a few days, when I am not so confused and I have learnt in those times to try and make things easier for when I do get confused. e.g a simple thing like putting labels on all my plug sockets which makes life easier when I am confused.

I also try and make people aware of my symptoms when I meet them and apologise if they find I am ever rude or inappropriately angry or upset, I find it helps very much to forewarn people.

Best wishes
    Sue

3. Tovah

Tovah Registered User

Jul 22, 2015
    Hi Sue:

Thank you for your reply.
    The worst days for me are when I don't get enough sleep.
    That's a great idea about lables.
    I'm curious how you let people know what you're dealing with.
    All my best,
    Tovah

4. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    Hi Tovah

I used to sleep so much and if I didn't I'd be worse. I try and force myself to be awake during the daytime now as I don't want to lose the day/night routine. Really bad days though I can't stay awake but some days, like today, I can't sleep either.

I can't always let people know what I am dealing with but when I am in a good phase and am more myself then I take the opportunity to let people know what my bad days are like, people I see regularly can see the difference. Then when I am confused I can say sorry I can't do that I am confused or my brain isn't working right today.

Don't know if any of that makes sense or helps but hope you are finding TP to be a help to you.
    Love
    Sue