Constant churning stomach

CeliaThePoet

Dec 7, 2013
Buffalo, NY, USA
That's the hard part! In the US, I have sometimes found it in health and vitamin stores, as tea, but I admit I grow my own and dry it. The seed is actually the same as what is known as cat grass, so if you are interested in growing it (very easy, indoors or out), you can get that at a pet store and go for it.

Leswi

Jul 13, 2014
Bedfordshire
Just wonder if over production of acid due to stress might be a problem? In which case Omeprazole or Ranitadine from Gp would help.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
I am just wondering if you Dad is eating properly and if the churning stomach could partly be hunger pains?

I can well understand this being caused by stress as I had something similar when my mother was going through a very bad patch. But my symptoms also included intestinal cramps and spasms and what I thought at the time was IBS. The doctor gave me mebeverine and that worked at the time. The symptoms subsided when the situation changed.

In the long term of course your father needs more support but that must be difficult if he refuses it. Would anything like going to the local Alzheimer's support group or carer's counselling help him - just to talk things over with someone?

Last edited:

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Thank you for the oatstraw info x

Thanks Leswi, I'll mention that to him.

I'm not too sure about his eating pattern these days. He has had diviterculitis for many years and there are lots of things he can't eat. He does get cramps and spasms when he has a flare up, but I don't know if he has these just as every day occurrences. He certainly hasn't mentioned that.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan