Congratulations, KenC

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
There is a short article on the back page of the May edition of Share, about our KenC.

Ken has been given a civic award for raising awareness of dementia. The awards are given for outstanding contributions to the community.

There's a lovely photo of Ken and his wife Janice.

So well done Ken, and keep up the good work.

Love,

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Congratulations KenC! I'm sure all TPers are as proud of you as I am!!

( Isn't it funny how this virtual world is so "real"??!! I feel just as proud of you as I would if I'd known you in person for years!! )

Anyway, Congratulations to Janice too! I'm sure she's a big part of this too.

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hello All,

Thank you for this. Its only last week that I felt so low that I was close to walking away from Talking Point.
I was totally shocked to be nominated let alone be awarded the Civic Award. I really thought that there were more people out there who had done more to be awarded it.
It is an honour to be awarded it and I will look forward to getting the award at the end of the month.
This is not just for me, but for all those who work so hard in this Society to try make things easier for those who follow us. That includes the carers who work so hard themsleves, with little or no thanks.
Although I have only been doing this for a year last March, I have achieved so much and met so many marvelous people from around the country including some people from Talking Point, and it has been like a dream because I really did not expect to be able to do anything like this after I was diagnosed in 2003.
Without our Branch manager, Phillipa Hobson from the Alzheimers Society and my wife Janice who kept me going when I wanted to give in, none of this would or could have happened, and I can not thank them enough .
Talking point has also become like an other valuable member of my family, and it is nice to share something like this with people like yourselves.

BestvWishes and Thank you again.

Ken

Last edited:

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
Very many congratulations KenC on your award. also well done to you and Janice for keeping such a positive outlook throughout all your going through.

Well done again....and keep up the good work! :)

Love Jan. X