Congestive heart failure and vas dems link?

ishard

Jul 10, 2007
My husband aged 50 has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure.

I think because of untreated high blood pressure (hypertension)and has said a few 'odd' things, such as he was truly convinced our daughter used his mobile phone in front of him and she didnt!
He has said that I have said things that I havent said, and been backed in that by the kids but husband insists I have said them!

Now I recognise this behaviour as my mum has vas dems and Im her carer and Im so worried and scared that this may be the start of vas dems in my husband too.:(

Am I over reacting? Is there a link with congestive heart failure and vas dems?

Chrissyan

Aug 9, 2007
N E England
This must be such a worry for you. Can't you let his GP know of your concerns about your husbands odd behaviour & take it from there? Hopefully it will be something else less serious causing this.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear ishard,

No, you're not over-reacting at all. You're worried, as anyone would be.

I'm afraid I can't give you an answer, one way or another, only a medical expert could do that, but I think Chrissyan's right, you need to talk to your doctor and tell him your worries.

I do hope your worries are unfounded, you've got enough to conted with already.

Please let us know.

Love,

ishard

Jul 10, 2007
Thank you for replys. It does help to know someone is understanding my worries.

Unfortunately there is a link, but Ill wait to see if his symtoms improve after the heart meds get to work. Im hoping now its only temporary, please God!

ishard

Jul 10, 2007
I have just been sitting here thinking about how I would cope if both my mum and husband had vas dems and being an optomist I think I will have 2 house extensions built, one either side of my house.

I would then have a corridor built beween the two and buy myself a bicycle to go back and forth. I would hire a home help for me just to stand in that corridor holding out a large glass of red wine for when I wizz back and forth!!

If I dont laugh Ill cry!

Chrissyan

Aug 9, 2007
N E England
Don't Google yourself silly, I am sure we could all diagnose ourselves & our loved ones with everything under the sun.:rolleyes:

I have all my fingers & toes crossed that this is only a temporary affliction your hubby has & not a degenerative illness.

cuddle.gif