Confusion

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Today I asked Alan to put out the bin for collection. I said "it's the green bin today". He said "o.k. fine". So he puts out the brown bin. I said "what colour are everyone else's bins?". He said "green". I said "what colour is our bin?" He said "I don't know why they do it to us. Why do we have a brown bin?" I said "we have a green bin up there but you put the wrong one out".

Alan just didn't get it. I remembered what had been posted by other people and I walked away because I was getting really frustrated because, at that moment, I still believed that it was really simple to resolve. I still find myself not accepting that it's the illness rather than me not explaining things properly. Still in some ways I'm glad that I still do try to explain things to him because it must be horrible when one gives up. I'll cross that bridge if we get to it.

Love to you all

Helen

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Hi Helen
I know what you mean about getting frustrated, my husband seems to have had a big leap in his condition this last few weeks.
Last week he did not know what a bowl was, the next day it was a spoon and this week he does not know his coat and he`s had this coat on every week for the last five years.I ask him to do something and he stands there not knowing what to do.

I think I had got used to him being stable and now it`s crept up on me that he has changed big time even his personality has changed with him getting very short with me, but if I am not around he starts to panic.
It`s my birthday in a few days, a big one for me so I hope he feels well enough to join in with the day.
All the best to you Helen
Roseann

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
I remembered what had been posted by other people and I walked away

Helen - It's something that often helps me cope. Today greeted by mum with one of her 'stock phrases' which I had never realised it was before but had read about on a thread only this week, my ability not to get irritated ;) was so much improved!!!!!! The advice on TP lives on long after I've switched the PC off! :)

Doesn't it often seem to be the 'simplest' thing that makes you realise the bigger picture? :(

Love, Karen, x

desperado

Apr 7, 2008
Lancashire England
Amazing about wheelie bins - The other day I had the grey bin out and Mum asked why we had the green bin out. I told her it was the grey bin the same as all the others
Mum: No it's not it's green
Me : No it's grey the same as the others i the street
Mum: I think you'd better have your eyes tested. IT IS GREEN
Me: OK :confused::confused:

Nothing more was said about the bins --- till the next time !!!

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Lost count of the amount of times I have had to re sort the bins because Vic has put things in the wrong one!

Yesterday he didn't know what a fridge was today what a shirt was!

Linda x