confused

billbo

Jan 30, 2017
Hi, this is my first visit to this forum and i'm hoping that I can draw some support from other peoples experiences.
my husband is just 52 and for the last year has been experiences various memory problems, along with low mood and angry outbursts. we have been passed from doctor to hospital, then to memory clinic then to another doctor and we are currently being seen at yet another hospital. it was only last week at our last appointment that the doctor said he had borderline dementia. but didn't think this was causing the problems and we are being tested for Huntington's now, which they said they don't think it is! they wont prescribe any medication at this stage and this last year has been really tough. My husband has been taken off his job pending the outcome of all the tests. do these things normally take this long? and if its only borderline dementia where do we go with this now?

Edit Post Reply and quote

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Billbo hi, and welcome.
I suppose until the doctors find out what's causing your husband's symptoms, they would be reluctant to prescribe medications that may mask a problem. I'm sure they want to be thorough in investigating his illness, as his symptoms could be caused by other things besides dementia, and he is still a young man.

If you would like to start your own thread- maybe in the " I have a partner with dementia" section, more people will see your post and respond. If you go to that section, and click the orange button on the top right, that will start you off.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Talking Point mobile app