confused

pumpkin31

Mar 26, 2020
when i phoned the nursing home today have phoned 3 times regarding my husband was informed this morning that he had a bad night and this morning he had a temperature and a cough.the dr was informed and hes been given antibiotics and paracetamol. I talked to him this morning but he wasnt himself when i phoned later on he was asleep so did not wake him.Carer said he was very flushed and yesterday he had chest pain all very worrying.Will phone in the morning again nurse said any developments and she will ring me in limbo as i dont know how he is now till morning dont suppose i will get any sleep tonite thru worry. He has alzheimers and vascular dementia.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
That's a worry alright. I hope your husband gets on the road to recovery quickly and that you get some sleep over the next few days.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m sorry to read this @pumpkin31. I hope you managed to get some rest and that you have better news of your husband this morning.

pumpkin31

Mar 26, 2020
Thank you for all the replies.Just phoned the home this morning and she said that he had not eaten his breakfast and he was still in bed asleep so i could not talk to him.Iwill phone later on and see how he is but its not like my husband not to eat as hes always had a good appetite that is very worrying.Did not get much sleep as very anxious about my husband.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s tough for you @pumpkin31 not being able to visit. It does sound as if your husband`s condition is being well monitored.

Fingers crossed all will be well.

pevensey

Feb 14, 2012
South East Coast.
when i phoned the nursing home today have phoned 3 times regarding my husband was informed this morning that he had a bad night and this morning he had a temperature and a cough.the dr was informed and hes been given antibiotics and paracetamol. I talked to him this morning but he wasnt himself when i phoned later on he was asleep so did not wake him.Carer said he was very flushed and yesterday he had chest pain all very worrying.Will phone in the morning again nurse said any developments and she will ring me in limbo as i dont know how he is now till morning dont suppose i will get any sleep tonite thru worry. He has alzheimers and vascular dementia.
I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to know a loved one is poorly while beiing in lock down in a care home. So distressing for you and really worrying. My hubby started off as respite in care home but because of everything that's happening they have kept him there for his own safety. He's very surprisingly settled in and is happier there than he was at home. But to know he was poorly and not being able to do anything would be horrendous
Hope your husband gets well soon pumpkin 31

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
@Pumpkin, that must be so tough, but your husband is in a place where he is being carefully looked after. I hope he perks up soon.
@pevensey , glad to hear your husband has settled. He was so pushing against going into respite, so it is good to hear he's settled. I hope, for your sake, that the move becomes permanent.

pumpkin31

Mar 26, 2020
My husband only went in for respite too but because of his condition its now permanent.Idid ask if i could bring him home but she said he will have to stay here for now. Its not easy when its permanent as all these emotions go thru your head and the anxiety is awful and now that there is a lockdown at the nursing home makes things worse and the fact that hes not well doesnt help. I am ringing the nursing home in a little while to see how he is and hopefully i can talk to him as i need to talk to him and hear his voice will ease my mind.

pevensey

Feb 14, 2012
South East Coast.
@Pumpkin, that must be so tough, but your husband is in a place where he is being carefully looked after. I hope he perks up soon.
@pevensey , glad to hear your husband has settled. He was so pushing against going into respite, so it is good to hear he's settled. I hope, for your sake, that the move becomes permanent.
Thankyou sarasa, yes he's was meant to be assesed while he was in respite with a query to him staying permanent as its getting so unsafe for him at home. Obviously that can't happen now I had phone call other day from adult social care to say in circumstances as we have now it can still be done, she will liase with the care home manager and get all the paperwork about hubby and what they do for him and IF he has CAPACITY, the manager has already told me that he hasnt got capacity so will see how it all goes, she said it will take few weeks but hopefuly know one way or other soon