Confused yep and thats me

Granny J

Mar 26, 2020
My hubbys getting worse more confused cant convince him we're living in our house not sure he knows who i am some days wants to go home , not seen his mam for ages and he doesnt know where she is. Isolation is proving so diffucult. I normally suggest going out for a while and that calms him hes just not grasping the virus thing

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Granny J you are welcome here and I hope you find the forum to be a friendly and supportive place.

Yes, it's a confusing time for people with dementia. My wife is much more confused and very anxious. It doesn't help that facilities like Day Centres are closing. It's going to be tough.

I hope you have time to take a good look around the site as it is a goldmine for information. When I first joined I read old threads for information but then found the AS Publications list and the page where a post code search can be done to check for support services in ones own area. If you are interested in these, clicking the following links will take you there

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/publications-factsheets-full-list

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/find-support-near-you

You will see that there are Factsheets that will help with things like getting care needs assessments, deciding the level of care required and sorting out useful things like Wills, Power of Attorney etc., if any of that hasn't already been done. There is also a Dementia Guide in the list.

Now that you have found us I hope you will keep posting as the membership has vast collective knowledge and experience.

biddybod

Feb 24, 2020
My husband retired when he was 63 and he will be 70 in may , for the last 2 years he has been getting very forgetful , he has been under the doctor for the last 18 months and eventually had a brain scan after being reffered to the memory clinic .I took early retirement as he was getting so anxious when i was at work ( part time carer ) if i got home 10 mins late .... i have to keep telling him about the cv19 as he wants to go out shopping etc , loads more i could say but thats for another time

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
My husband retired when he was 63 and he will be 70 in may , for the last 2 years he has been getting very forgetful , he has been under the doctor for the last 18 months and eventually had a brain scan after being reffered to the memory clinic .I took early retirement as he was getting so anxious when i was at work ( part time carer ) if i got home 10 mins late .... i have to keep telling him about the cv19 as he wants to go out shopping etc , loads more i could say but thats for another time

Welcome to DTP @biddybod
You’ll get loads of support here so please keep posting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne-Marie14