Confused! Do I get a vaccine or not?!

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hi @Jaded'n'faded keep checking on and off during the day. Originally I only saw places 30 miles plus away but the NHS site is being updated all the time so somewhere close should come up. I do drive but having been affected by Covid I really didn't want to drive a 60 mile plus round trip just yet. I didn't think I was particularly vulnerable either and was careful regarding shopping etc and almost always had click collect but had to go pharmacy for partners medication. I suppose realistically it might be fair to say that had I not been visiting my dad End of life at CH maybe I wouldn't have caught it BUT I was incredibly ill when I did. Please try and get vaccinated as soon as you are able to. ?you won't have to wait too long.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I also got a letter but found the nearest place was over 30 miles away. Not only is it really difficult to get to, I have no transport and I'm afraid I will not risk public transport yet. Plus it would take me a whole day to get there and back, not counting any waiting time. (And considerable cost!)

I'm not at significant risk and don't go out much anyway so I'll just wait and hope the GP offers me something nearer.
when my husband got his letter i made the appointment at the big hub[actually closer than the doctors]he had it done then next day then the gp phoned so he said hed had it then they text him. communication not what it used to be.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hi @
This could save your life! My suggestion would be to get on that bus and travel. Surely getting protected is more important than a bit of inconvenience?
I appreciate your comments @MartinWL as it is because I caught Covid I do actually have to have a set gap between either a negative test or from time I first became unwell. I have gone for when the hospital tested me again and got a negative test which is 30 days. My vaccination is being done asap.

Last edited:

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
It can also vary from place to place due to the availability of the vaccine. Friends of mine are working on the programme and it is an enormous logistical challenge.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi @jennifer1967 my partner got a phone call for his vaccination and where to go so they should call you so that they can make sure you get yours soon.
thanks, @Wildflowerlady they just got to comer to the house as im housebound officially on their list. just every one else is getting theirs and i feel forgotten especially as they put me on the new shielding list. he gets his second one next month

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I had mine just over a week ago in our local town hall and it was very simple and quick. I am knocking 65

I drove by my GP surgery yesterday which would of been my other option and the queue of people was horrendous and I have since learned that it was 70 or 80 people long by midday with most of these people in the older age bracket. All standing out in the very cold weather. I am glad that I had my jab at the other place.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976