confused and adrift..

raptorman1957

Jan 5, 2016
manchester
Hello people, it has taken me way to long to write this. And please excuse me if it seems to ramble i was recently diagnosed with EOA at age 58 unfortultaly i was out of work at the time of my diagnosis all though with problems which ment i was on Esa wrag group i recently got my head together (Well has much has i can) and informed the DWP and sent them a copy of the letter i received from the memory clinic which contained my diagnosis. I received a letter back from them telling me they had sent this to the CHDA so that a healthcare professional can provide them with medical advice. Has anyone had any expierance of this i am still coming to terms with my EOA
and dealing with the DWP seems difficult i must be honest im sorry i told them. Sorry if im rambling just had to tell someone.

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Please do not regret contacting the DWP. They are there to help you.

Do you have any friends or family who can offer help and support while dealing with officials. They can be intimidating but they really shouldn't.

If you have a local branch of the Alzheimers Society, they may have a facilitator who can offer help nod advice.

f you have concerns about Alzheimer's disease or about any other form of dementia, Alzheimer's Society National Dementia Helpline 0300 222 1122 can provide information, support, guidance and signposting to other appropriate organisations.

The Helpline is usually open from:
9am - 8pm Monday to Wednesday
9am - 5pm on Thursday and Friday
10am - 4pm on Saturday and Sunday
The service may be closed occasionally during these times for operational reasons or because of staff shortage.
Callers speak to trained Helpline Advisers.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Also Age UK will usually send someone to you to help with forms and finances one of their experienced volunteers, if you want them too. They are really good with practical help at all levels 0800 169 2081

BillBRNC

Jan 26, 2016
USA NC
You UK folks seem to have the better over us Yanks. I truly don't think we have the level of government help at the personal level that you folks have over there. We have lots of fancy stuff, but the down in the dirt stuff that I'm interested in just gets lost. Maybe I'm wrong, but it is hard to get direct responsive help from a human over here. Just saying.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Hello people, it has taken me way to long to write this. And please excuse me if it seems to ramble i was recently diagnosed with EOA at age 58 unfortultaly i was out of work at the time of my diagnosis all though with problems which ment i was on Esa wrag group i recently got my head together (Well has much has i can) and informed the DWP and sent them a copy of the letter i received from the memory clinic which contained my diagnosis. I received a letter back from them telling me they had sent this to the CHDA so that a healthcare professional can provide them with medical advice. Has anyone had any expierance of this i am still coming to terms with my EOA
and dealing with the DWP seems difficult i must be honest im sorry i told them. Sorry if im rambling just had to tell someone.

If you contact Age Uk they have trained volunteers who will come and help you with all forms - it is an excellent free service and it is a freephone number 0800 169 2081

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
I am also quite new to these forms etc but someone from DWP comes to my home and does the forms for/with me. I cannot really remember how that started but I think that the jobcentre got fed up with me asking for help with all their stuff and sent someone. he gave me his branch/mobile number and told me to call if I need help with any dwp stuff, so I do. next visit is Tuesday afternoon for a 40 page PIP form!!!!! hope he has lots of ink in his pen.

wayne:)