Concerned about memory loss

ALLNLU

Jul 10, 2015
Bedford
The basis for my concerns are that my mother, grandmother and great grandmother had either Dementia or Althiemers. I have worked until recently (73) as I was terrified to stop using my brain. However lately I have noticed that my ability of recall is failing. I am really concerned I am losing it.:eek:

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Hello ALLNLU & welcome to TP :)

Make an appointment to see your GP. It could be something simple like a vitamin deficiency or anaemia.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Stress and depression can also cause this, not to mention Thyroid problems and low B12 levels, so don't jump to conclusions that it's necessary following your family path. My mother had dementia too but so far I'm ok - I think.
I would though go and see your GP as he might be able to help you.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I agree with Cat27 and Saffie, ALLNLU. Don`t diagnose yourself, get a medical opinion.

I`m the same age as you. My mother also had Alzheimer`s. My father had another form of dementia, hydrocephalus.

I forget names and other things but know if I worry about it it won`t help, it might even make it worse. If I was worried I would seek a medical opinion as soon as possible because there are so many reasons for your failing recall, the most obvious being worry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513