1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Thurs 29 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Thursday 29 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

concern with sibling as next of kin

Discussion in 'Legal and financial issues' started by Sal G, Jun 14, 2019.

1. MaNaAk

MaNaAk Registered User

Jun 19, 2016
    Essex
    I think you should take photos of the property and show these to the social worker. I think you should also do as Nitram suggests and contact the OPG. Also maybe you should consider getting the Power Of Attorney For Health for your mum. I am going through bereavement at the moment but I can only guess at what you and your mum are going through.

MaNaAk

2. concerned4

concerned4 Registered User

Jun 3, 2012
    Can you speak with your mums GP & ask them to invite her in for an assessment, if for example she is losing weight then Social Services have to intervene. Hopefully you will get to speak with GP to allay your concerns.
    All the best

3. Sal G

Sal G New member

Jun 14, 2019
    Hi Guys

My mum is at hospital currently and waiting to be discharged.

Social services are aware of every tiny details and have shown videos of the conditions she was living in however they are only concerned about being discharged into my brother’s new property and not how she was left to struggle for the last 2 years.

I am fighting with everyone to have an investigation of neglect to be carried out but they seem to not want to take the responsibility of doing so because of resources probably.

I don’t know what to do. I thought safeguarding and neglect are taken seriously but obviously not.

X

4. Sal G

Sal G New member

Jun 14, 2019
    I’m sorry to hear about your loss manaak

X

5. MaNaAk

MaNaAk Registered User

Jun 19, 2016
    Essex
    Thankyou Sal. I am gradually coming to terms with it and I know what you're going through as well because although I lived with dad before he went into the home I couldn't stop thinking about him when I was out. I also wonder if Age UK can advice you.

MaNaAk